Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Let´s give it a final GO

Hi there,

it has been a while ago that I set myself strict goals for my poker game.
I played higher limits during my university days, was a winning player, bought my car from my poker winnings and thought I would be able to move on like this.
But then I lost focus. I started my job and thought I could easily play tons of hands after work in an exhausted mood and still win shitloads of money.
This was not the case. I lost lots of money switching from Fixed Limit to No Limit from No Limit to PLO.

Last month I nearly destroyed my whole bankroll but cleared my head right in time. I stopped playing for two weeks and started thinking about the future and if I still want to play.

And yes, I still want to play poker but I need more structure in my poker life which will always be a part time of my life as I still have my job.
Therefore I decided to go back to the point where all begun a couple of years ago. I will play Fixed Limit but will change to 6max as this is the game which makes the most fun for me.
I already had a coaching session with PygmyHero from DeucesCracked and will continue working with him to ensure my game improves. I will start playing .5/1 FL and try to move up in the limits as soon as I reach 450 BB for the next limit.

The plan is to write this blog to remind myself of the goals I have and that a lot of effort is necessary to reach these goals. I will write weekly updates from January on and will combine poker posts with life and sport stuff to mix it up a little bit.


This is my story, let´s see how it ends....!

No comments:

Post a Comment